Good Evening Everybody! I am back again. This blog I am going to talk about the importance of developing a research strategy. The focus of this blog was the central idea of the reading from last night. A key step in developing a great research strategy is creating an inquiry question. Having a specific question and then researching that will be much easier than having to research a broad topic. This exercise we have to do for tonight had three steps.
The first step was to come up with an inquiry question.
*How has Peru's culture changed over time?
Second, we were told to come up with additional questions that will help us further understand our inquiry question. Along with this we also had to come up with a thesis to go with it.
*What influences caused Roman Catholic to be the prominent religion in Peru? Why is it that Spanish is the primary language spoken in Peru? Who has the most impact on Peru's cuisine? Who were Peru's ancestors? How has literature become an important aspect of Peruvian culture?
*Thesis: Peru, like so many other cultures, has changed over time. Its culture has been influenced by so many things. Their wardrobe, food, traditions, religion, and who lives their now did not just happen. All of it came about from different influence on the country.
Finally, we had to state if we had any personal or prior beliefs on this topic that have made me feel how I do about my chosen topic.
*I did not choose Peruvian culture as my topic, because I have personally been there. My twin sister, Savannah, went to Peru for a missions trip with my aunt Kathy and uncle Steve. Once she came back from her trip, she was a changed person. Ever since I saw how God worked in her life on her first missions trip I have been interested in Peru. Not because Peru changed her, but because it stands out to me. I also love to learn about different countries cultures and I am interested in knowing more about Peru's.
No comments:
Post a Comment