Hello all!! I hope you enjoyed my first post and found it to be helpful. I have never had a blog before, so this is very new to me. This experience will be great though, because I am excited to try something new. I noticed, I accidentally forgot to mention the book I am using to do all of these exercise to become a better writer. The book is called, The Curious Researcher and it is a book to help people turn into more skilled research paper writers. This next section in the book we focused on was about helping us choose a topic to write about. There was a process involved in choosing your topic, because there was more to it than choosing a subject you like and writing about it.
Here are the list of steps we were taught in order to help us choose a topic.
1st- Choose different topics from each broader subject.
Places:
Bermuda
Thailand
Peru
Italy
Dominican Republic
India
Minnesota
Ireland
People:
Beethoven
Martin Luther King Jr.
Francis Chan
Harriet Tubman
Anne Franks
Jobs:
Elementary Education Teacher
Nurse
Missionary
Material Handler
Baker
Occupational Therapist
Chemical Engineer
Social Worker
Musician
Hobbies:
Singing
Playing Piano
Running
Dancing
Baking
Traveling
2nd: Highlight a topic that stood out to you. I choice Peru.
3rd: We had to compile a list of questions that I would love to explore about the topic.
What is the language spoken there?
What are the main religions there?
What are the biggest struggles the people of Peru deal with?
How many people were affected by the earthquake?
How much has Peru been restored since the earthquake?
How many people live in Peru?
Who are some missionaries working in Peru?
Who is the current president of Peru?
What is Peru most well known for?
What is the typical way of life in Peru like?
No comments:
Post a Comment