Good Evening Everyone,
I hope you all had a wonderful week and are able to have a restful weekend. As stated in my other two blogs from this week, we started getting our topic and thesis points for our essays in English class. The exercise for tonight was to develop three different introductions for my research paper. Here are my three possible introductions I could use for my essay.
1. Everybody always says America is the best country ever. Sadly though, if it were based off of our education people would not be saying that anymore. Education in the United States is not nearly as good as it could be. There are so many flaws in the education system here, and their are a lot of people who do not know how bad it really is. Some of the downfalls of our education system are; inequality of schooling for every race or background, unfair funding for certain schools, teachers not there for the students but for the benefits, and the increased rate of high school drop-out rates. Education is not valued in America nearly as much as it is in other places around the world.
2. I have always grown up being blessed with a wonderful education. Since I grew up with a good education, I never thought America had a bad education system. All the way up until this past semester, I thought the U.S. had an excellent education system. I am an elementary education major and we were required to watch a documentary called Waiting for Superman. This movie followed the lives a couple students lives and their struggle of getting a good education. Most of the children could not even afford to go to school. This showed me that if I did not even know about the poorness of our education system, then the issue is not being addressed nearly enough.
3. Maria Regalado says she is "stuck" because of where she lives and applies for the lottery in a school an hour away so her son Francisco will get a better education. Gloria McGee enrolls her grandson, Anthony, in a boarding school so he will receive a quality education. There are both awful situations families are having to go through just to get a good education. For students to have to apply for a lottery just to get into a school is heart-breaking. If a student does not get pulled, then they are unable to go to school. A grandma having to send her grandson to a boarding school just to be able to receive a decent education is saddening. I am devastated by the extent people have to go to go to school. In all my life I never even thought about not going to school. At the end of every summer, I knew I would be returning to school that September. Urban schools are not given as much money as the should be. People with different races and ethnicity's are not provided fair treatment of education, just because of who they are. This is horrible our education system has gotten to this point. This needs to change, now. But what can we do as a small person in a huge population do to make this issue known and get it fixed.
No comments:
Post a Comment