Wednesday, November 13, 2013
Sharpening Your Point
Today in my English Composition class, we talked about making our question and thesis points not as broad. In order to make our points more believable, it is important to not be as wide when making our statements. We were told to choose from a list of five different types of thesis's which one ours related to. The five ways a thesis can be formed are: from a question of value, a question of policy, a question of interpretation, a hypothesis question, or a relationship question. For my essay's thesis, I chose to go with a question of interpretation. My topic is dealing with past and present examples of the U.S. education system's flaws. None of the other types of thesis's went along with my topic so I decided to use a question of interpretation. The question that I used to derive my thesis was, why is the U.S. education system not doing as well as other countries? I used a question of interpretation, because there are so many reasons people can say the education system is doing poorly. In my essay, I am not covering every single issue. When readers read my topic question, different answers can pop into their head that are not necessarily wrong if I do not mention them. That is the reason why I chose my topic question to be listed as a question of interpretation. Therefore my thesis point is, The pattern in the U.S. education system that is most obvious is that it is know where near the effectiveness of schools in other countries.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment