I have reached the point in my research paper where I have all of my information and thoughts together. When you have reached this point, you are able to begin writing your rough draft. So that is just what I started to do on Sunday night. We then looked over our rough drafts in class yesterday morning. In class we we told to use two highlighter, highlight our voice with one color, and highlight other voice with another color. After we finished highlighting all of our paper we had to answer these following questions.
1) What voice dominates?
My voice was found more then half of the time. I think this was good, because readers need to be able to pick out the original author's voice easily.
2) Are you turning over too much of your text to your sources?
I don't think I am turning over my text too much at all to my sources. If anything I should insert some more outside sources.
3) Are you ignoring them or rattling on too much about what you think?
I would say there are times in my rough draft where I was rattling on a little too much about what I think. I need to work on inserting some outside sources in with some of my opinions.
4) Or does the source use seem appropriate to support your purpose?
The use of my sources is a good amount, but I think it would be best to add some more sources. Adding more sources would help to make up my purpose even more.
5) Are you taking turns paragraph by paragraph with your sources or is your own analysis and commentary nicely blended within the paragraphs?
I am not really taking turns by paragraphs. I am inserting sources within my paragraphs. So I would say I am taking turns every few sentences. There are parts where my voice takes up a whole paragraph though. I need to blend my own analysis and commentary a little more to make it flow better.
6) Do you surround quote passages with your own voice and analysis?
I surrounded all of my quotes with my own voice. This was done by introducing the quote with my own words and then summarizing the quote after I ended the quote. I made sure to summarize the quote with the same amount of lines of the quote or more.
7) Who wins the wrestling match?
In the end, I would say my voice won the match.
No comments:
Post a Comment